Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2021

Keeping safe

 Hello, My name is Dezray and I am a year 8 student at Paihia School. We have been learning about keeping ourselves safe online. We watched a video about this old man catfishing a 10 year old little girl. He told her that he was 13 but he was really in his forties or fifties. He started to get to know her but at the same time she was starting to like him. He was saving photos of her and stalked her. He told her that he was from the school down the road and she believed him so she thought that they could hang out after school at the park with her friends. But in reality he was just a old man at the park but no he was watching her play with her friends well she wanted for a 13 year old boy when he was in front of her.

But then she reported him to the police and now he’s in jail. The moral of the story is to keep safe when online and when talking to strangers. 


Do you have any sort of social media?     


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Dezray my name is Ruby. I am a year 5 student at Paihia School. I loved reading your blog about online safety. It was so scary that the 10 year old girl was getting catfished and did not know he was in his 40’s or 50’s. I do have some social media but I only use the things my parents allow.

    ReplyDelete